Sunday, March 19, 2006

Red Square Girls Stick Together



You know the old saying about when God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window?

I can't tell you just how right that is.

Just when I was in such a deep dispair about my on line support system falling apart when I needed it the most, I met two of the nicest ladies here locally that I could ever want to know.

Kathy and I talk almost every day on the telephone and we've gone to Applebee's, shopping, and to the movies. It's comfortable to be around someone who is going through the same feeling that I am.

And Julie and her two sweet daughters are so much fun to be around. Little Emily's game of Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down keeps me in stitches. (thumbs up for A-1 Sauce, thumbs down for Heinz 57 sauce) We have plans to have a girl's day out and go get pedicures, and for them to come over here and do some scrapbooking with me.

So far our guys have been gone 15 days. Word from them is the base where they are is better than expected. The chow has been pretty good and they are impressed with the facilities that they have to work with. Mail is only taking about 10 days, even for big packages.

15 days down, only about 205 (there abouts) to go!

2 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Sonia said...

Wendy, I'm really glad you've found someone close by to connect with. That is so so important.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so glad that you have found people out there to fill in for the support.

Love ya chica!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home