Saturday, March 04, 2006

So the countdown begins....

It was pretty dang cold at 6am this morning here in the desert but it sure was pretty when the sun started peaking over the horizon.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

It was a sea of digi cami brown as family members clung to each other, all the PDA rules forgotten on this day. Every wife was trying to store up as many memories as they could to carry us through the next seven months.

I buried my face in Dave's neck and breathed in the smell of him, trying to memorize the sound of his voice whispering in my ear, the taste of his kiss, and the feel of his arms around me. I couldn't stop looking up at his face, soaking in the sight of his silly smile.

I did pretty good, I was proud of myself. There were a few tears here and there, but I managed to hold it together until after he got on the bus.

Dave always had the ability to make me laugh...even when I feel like breaking down and crying my heart out, he made me just laugh out loud with his cheesy grin.
Image hosting by Photobucket

It wasn't until after the buses pulled out and I went to sit back down in my car that I lost it. He had put the driver's seat back into the position that I like it in. Just that little gesture put me over the edge and I had a good cry.

Today I am allowing myself to wallow in morose self pity; eating too much ice cream and watching way too much television.

Tomorrow, though, it's all behind me. I will get up and attack each day and pound out this deployment like the salty old Marine Corp wife that I am.

6 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger SilentGoddess said...

Oh Wendy, how hard that must be!! You got me all teary eyed that is for sure. Love the pictures and how you tell the story behind them.
Much love and peace to both you and Dave.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Tracey said...

This brought me to tears. I pray the next 7 months goes by very fast.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love BDD. And you, for being so strong. Much hugs to you babe!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Sonia said...

((((((Wendy)))))))) I don't know how you do it. You are such a strong woman. My heart is BREAKING for you. Know that you can email me anytime if you want to chat. Queensonia2001@yahoo.com.

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. So, a loving punch to the arm to let you know we're all here for you and BDD. I admire your strength.

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much love to you Wendy.. You'll get through, you'll always do.. and you will be a stronger woman for it.. I'll be thinking of you both.. muuah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home