Friday, February 03, 2006

Shut Up Cindy!

If I found a genie in a bottle today and was granted one wish, there is no doubt in my mind what it would be. I wish that my husband, Dave, would not have to go to Iraq again.

I wish we lived in a world of peace where all people respected each other despite their race or religious beliefs. I wish we didn’t live in a world where radicals with bombs threaten my safety and security.

But as Jack Nicholson put it in the movie “A Few Good Men” we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. It’s a sad fact of life that I wish I could change. But as long as this is true, then courageous men like my husband are required to leave their families and stand on those walls.

This is not a post either for or against the war in Iraq. While I support our mission there, I have many friends who do not and I respect their right to their beliefs. I respect their right to stand up and loudly proclaim their beliefs.

What I can’t stand is a hypocrite like Cindy Sheehan.

From all that I have read, Cindy Sheehan supported her son Casey’s decision to join the military and supported him as he was deployed to Iraq. She never attended an anti-war rally UNTIL her son was called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice for his country.

It was only then, that she became against the war. So as long as it was other people’s husbands, sons, and daughters dying, it was okay. But now that her son has died, the war is evil and the President is a murder for forcing her poor baby to go over there. It’s like she’s saying to everyone else who lost a son or husband “Oh you lost someone, well it really didn’t matter until MY son died”.

Let’s get past the point that her son was an adult and made an adult decision, knowing all the ramifications that went with it.

Right now, Cindy Sheehan is nothing more than attention whoring, grief stricken woman who is wallowing in this media attention to fill the hole inside her heart. Instead of honoring her son’s memory in a way that he would be proud of, she is milking her 15 minutes of fame and making a mockery of everything her son fought and died for.

If the President were to do as Ms. Sheehan and her group requested, do you know what would happen? Iraq would fall into chaos, another dictator would rise up, and the country would be no better off than it was before. It would also mean that everyone that has died so far, their deaths would be in vain.

Let's say that again, just for Cindy. If we pull out now, Casey will have died for NOTHING!

She has seen the President how many times now? He needs to ignore her, and the Capitol Building police shouldn’t have arrested her. By doing that, they were giving her what she wanted. More air time. I say everyone just start giving her the attention that she deserves….absolutely nothing. Maybe then she will go home to her family and deal with her grief in a normal manner.

By the way, the rest of her family has come out publicly against everything she is doing now.

So in closing, I must quote my girl Jerzey “she is an ignorant, self-pitying woman who needs to build a bridge and get over it already. Or move to France.”

3 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

**applause applause**

Brava my love!! This woman is a WHACK JOB.

And thanks for the shout out. I love props!!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Wendylicious said...

Hey, couldn't quote the Jerzey Girl (my fiance) without giving her the props that she so rightly deserves!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Tracey said...

Obviously this woman doesn't remember what happened in Somolia in the early 1990's. Yes ladies and gents, we packed up and moved out only to allow Adid to come in and mass murder 300,000 people by starving them to death.

I abhore war. I am of the "why can't we all just get along" crowd. But I'm not naive to think that my perfect world will ever exist. Until then, I'm proud to know the miliary friends I do ... and I'm a bleeding heart liberal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home