Friday, October 20, 2006

Vacation - Day Seven

Hey All, it's almost a week into our vacation and we're having a ball.

Monday morning, Dave and I and my parent's loaded up and went down to San Antonio. We stayed in a condo that my parents have time share in in New Braunsville, about half an hour north of San Antonio.

We went down to the Riverwalk and did the boat tour of that area and ate some fantastic Mexican food Monday night, then back to the condo for a couple of rousing games of Chickenfoot. That's a fun domino game that my family is rabid about.

Tuesday we visited with my Great Aunt Lila and then visited the Texas Cradle of Liberty...the Alamo. We called it a day early and ordered some pizza and played Chickenfoot late into the evening.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday we had to hit the road early so we could get back to Dallas in time for Dave and I to catch a Grayhound bus to Kansas.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
For those considering the bus as a mode of transportation, I highly discourage it. We left Dallas and I was like "it's an adventure!!". By Ardmore, Oklahoma, my attitude had slipped to "I don't like this anymore" and by the time we hit Oklahoma City, I was deep into "I AM NOT HAPPY" mode!! On a good note, I did manage to restrain myself from killing a seven year old named Shelby Rose Hutchenson and the two little old ladies sitting around her who encouraged her to chatter most of the way through North Texas and Southern Oklahoma!!

Dave's Uncle Mac (one of my favorite of his extended family) picked us up at the bus station in downtown Witchita at 3:30am, bless his heart, and took us back to his place to crash for a couple of hours. Dave's Mom showed up Thursday morning to pick us up there and take us back to their house in very, very small town Kansas.

Right now it's just Dave's folks, his youngest brother Adam and his wife Sabrina, and Dave and I. But all the other 4 brothers and their wives, as well as aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents should start rolling into town tomorrow morning.

I just love his big family!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home