Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Few More Pictures from the Homecoming

I'm finally getting used to having him here and my smile has finally gone down to a 100 watt bulb instead of the skylighting spotlight it's been for the last 48 hours. I still can't stand to have him too far away from me for very long and I reach out and touch him at every opportunity.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here we are putting his wedding ring back where it belongs. I've never really realized how much I touched it or reached for it until it wasn't there. My hand keeps going to my neck, but it's back where it belongs. Dave says that's all right, he's still getting used to his hip feeling so light. He keeps reaching down to pat his pistol and remembering he doesn't have to wear that any more either.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is my favorite picture of Cathy and Jason!

And finally, a picture I just had to take yesterday. I was walking down our hallway past his office and glanced in. This sight just stopped me in my tracks and it was then that it finally hit me, he's home.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine how great it is for you and Dave to be back together!!!!! YEAH for You

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Jennie said...

WOW. Just WOW. So glad he's back

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Sonia said...

Wendy, I'm so so so so so so happy for you. Really, my heart just beams. I'm so glad Dave made it home safely. God Bless Him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home