Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Long Journey Home!


Very soon, maybe even tonight, I will get an email from Dave telling me he is walking out the door to board his first of many, many modes of transportation to come home to me!

It'll be a long journey, starting with a helicopter and ending with a bus, but that moment that the bus pulls up to Victory Field aboard 29 Palms MCAGCC will be so amazingly wonderful!

Stay tuned for updates as I am allowed to post them, but we are under 200 hours until I can finally wrap my arms around him!

201 days behind us. 4,834 hours of worry and lonliness; but the end is in sight!

***ETA - Just got an email from Dave, he is heading to the flightline for his first flight!***

3 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger Just Me said...

Hi Wendy,

Ive been reading your blog for a while now (I remember you waaay back from the CKMB days!) and I just wanted to let you know that Im so happy for both you and Dave and Im glad hes finally coming home to you, safe and sound.

Kelly

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO HOOO!!!!

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yaay, i'm happy for you and envious all at once. More happy though.
And I wanted to thank you for always picking up when your phone rings. You are amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home