Monday, September 18, 2006

Planners

Remember how I said that I was a Planner married to the King of Planning?

Well I have from now until November 1st all mapped out:

Tomorrow morning I go to the local Social Security office to get a new card. Can you believe that I've worked at the Clown College for over a year now and they just figured out they don't have a copy of my driver's license and Social Security card?
Then tomorrow afternoon, I'm going back into the base hospital to have a mole removed. I'm 37 years old and this will be the first time I've ever had stitches!
I also need to drop off our duffel bags that just arrived at the alterations place to have the name tapes sewn on (more on this later) and tan again at the Fake & Bake.

I work Wednesday - Sunday, cleaning the house and doing laundry in the evenings, and baking at the tan place two or three times.

Next Monday, I have Terminex scheduled to come out and treat the place inside and out. No, I haven't been that sloppy for the past 7 months; we're just having a bad ant season.

Tuesday morning into the beauty salon to get my roots touched up. I'm way too young to have this much grey! Then Tuesday afternoon, carpet cleaners are coming in.

Tuesday night, the group of Officer's Wives I hang with are having our last social gathering (called a "coffee") at a local nail salon. They are closing it down so it's just us. We're going to drink some bubbly, have a good time, and get all pretty for our guys.

I work Wednesday and Thursday. Then at some point between Friday and Sunday, (again OpSec) I become the happiest woman on the West Coast!!

The only thing I don't have planned between now and then is when the cleaning lady is going to come in. I lost her telephone number so my friend is getting it for me today.

Then when Dave comes home, I'm off work through Sunday, then I work Monday the 2nd through Wednesday the 4th, then he has a 4 day weekend and I'm take that off as well. Then I work Monday the 9th through Friday the 13th.

Then the vacation starts!!

Our friend Linda is driving us to Vegas on Saturday the 14th and we fly from there to Dallas to visit with my family. Dave is going to go with our niece Sam to her first grade class to be her Show and Tell! LOL! We are also going to go with my folks down to San Antonio for some sight seeing.

Wednesday, the 18th, we hop on a Greyhound bus and scoot up to Kansas to visit with Dave's family. Dave's Mom is all excited because on Sunday, the 22nd, she is going to have all six of her sons, all six of her daughter-in-laws, and all six of her grandkids together for the first time ever. The last time she had all of the boys and their wives together at once was 8 years ago, and we have 2 new wives and 3 new grandkids since then.

We're picking up Dave's 1973 Corvette which he has been keeping in storage at his folks house and doing the rest of the trip in that. Hence the duffel bags.

Finishing up the trip in the Vette, we are going to be very, very short on luggage space, so I ordered us two olive green duffel bags. We should be able to cram both of those in the small storage space behind the driver's seats. It's going to be a jeans and t-shirts kind of vacation and we'll have to do laundry every place we stop. Luckily, I'm a low maintenance girl!

Dave came up with the great idea of ordering some military name tapes and having them sewn on our bags. You should have seen the look on the guys face when I ordered two name tapes, one with the name Wendylicious and one with the name Big Daddy Dave!!
We're also going to buy souvenir patches as we travel and sew them on our bags as we go so our luggage will actually become a souvenir itself!

On Monday, the 23rd, we hop in the car and head to Colorado to visit Dave's father and stepmother for a few days. We're staying in the cutest little Bed and Breakfast called The Jewel of the Canyons. We even have a massage scheduled for while we are there.

Friday, the 27th, we leave Canon City and start to meander our way back home. Depending on the weather, we may head directly west and see Utah, or if it's snowy, we may go south and go through Arizona. We would like to get back here by the 30th, so we can have the 31st for recuperation time.

Then we both go back to work on November 1.

I've very excited about all of our plans for the next month and a half!! Especially the him getting off the bus part and all the sex afterwards! LOL!! I still need to go down the hill to Palm Springs between now and then and buy myself a new pair of jeans. I've lost so much weight, all my clothes are falling off of me.

Between that and the 3 or 4 inches of hair I've grown, I joke that I will need to be holding a sign when Dave gets off the bus that says "CWO3 J... here is your wife!"

4 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang girl!!! You ARE a planner!! I could not get into that many details this far in advance if I tried! I sincerely hope that you and Dave have a glorious and "loving" time :)

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Nesa said...

little miss effeciant.

though did i read right? you guys are going to greyhound it to kansas? oy vey, i don't pity miquel. LOL.

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Sonia said...

damn....I don't know how you keep up with all that stuff! You lost me after the 3rd or 4th item. LOL. have a great time getting yourself all pertied up.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see yall! I will have to get the Kingston group together and come visit on Sunday maybe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home