Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Scrap Products I Love And Hate...

So our challenge today was to discuss products in the scrapbooking world that we can't live without and that we can't stand.

I'm glad that the scrapbooking industry has finally started to recognize that not all croppers are soccer moms doing "Live, Love, Dance" kind of sappy pages. When I first started, all that was out there was hearts and flowers kind of stuff. Now there is a Harley Davidson line and even a line of embellishments alcohol based! LOL!

Things I Can't Live Without:
1. Xyron - This is the greatest invention ever. I love my Quickutz system, but before I discovered Xyron, I was having to use a glue stick to try and get each letter stuck down. How did I live without it?
2. Bazzill Cardstock - I'll admit it, I'm a cardstock snob. I will not use any other cardstock but Bazzill. The texture, the weight, the fact that it's not white core....it can't be beat!
3. Chatterbox Pattern Papers - I am an admitted Chatterbox Whore. 75% of my layouts use Chatterbox papers. Although I don't like their brads...what a horrid idea, they are too thick and don't lay flat.
4. Herma Dotto - The adhesive of choice
5. Glue Dots - I once had the nickname "She Who Flashes For Gluedots".

Things I Abhor:
1. Zots - The cheapo version of Glue Dots...they are hard to use and don't stick worth a damn.
2. Anything cutsie!
3. Stickers - I'm way past that stage.
4. Anything by Creative Memories - I dislike the company on principle. They are very exclusive and push their members to only use their products. Plus they value volume over quality.

I have a funny CM story. I was at a weekend crop retreat with 8 or 9 other ladies and the hostess asked that in consideration of people sleeping, that no one pound eyelets after 10pm. The leader of a group of 6 ladies said "Oh that won't be a problem, we're Creative Memories scrappers. We don't use eyelets".

I was simply being curious and asked "Why is that?"

She sneered "Well, we believe that our pages should tell a story!"

I laughed "So what do my pages do? Tell knock knock jokes?" I picked up the page I was working on and said "what is this page about? I don't know, it has an eyelet on it, I can't tell!!"

She did not find me amusing!

5 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger Nesa said...

bwahahaha. sorry, the cm thing always cracks me up.

and what, you're not a lover of ZOTS??? okay, don't shoot me, you know i had to do it.

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to come visit and bring my scrapbook. I could learn so much from you! :-)

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Dee said...

bwaahaha! Love that CM story. I'm SO with you on the Glue Dots. They are the only kind I use, too.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I must and I mean must use Bazzill it rocks doesn't it!!

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Sonia said...

LOL. Yeah, there are some nutty CM people out there.

Have you tried prism cardstock? I like it better than bazzill...it's just a lot more difficult to find.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home