Sunday, August 20, 2006

Music for a Deployment

I'm participating in a music CD swap with a bunch of girls over at The Red Lily. I've done these before and they are tons of fun, you get a lot of new music and you get a look at other people's taste in music.

Mostly when I do my CD, I just fill it with my favorite 20 songs at the time, but this time, I decided to go with a theme. I created a CD of Deployment Music. Here is the song list for my CD.

1. Anchor’s Marine – Nothing stirs my heart like a reminder of the Marine Corp pride! It makes our sacrifices seem worth it!
2. Good Bless The USA, Lee Greenwood – See Above!
3. The Way You Look Tonight, Michael Buble – Memories from those last days, carry us through the long deployment.
4. You’ll Be In My Heart, Phil Collins – Just a thought to carry me through the long days.
5. Sleeping Single In A Double Bed, Barbara Mandrel – one of the things that makes this so hard.
6. Call Me, Blondie – those calls are so few and far between.
7. Lean On Me, Club Nuveau – without my friends, I couldn’t do it!
8. With or Without You, U2 – life goes on, even when he’s gone.
9. I Will Survive, Gloria Gainer – we just go on, surviving.
10. Living On A Prayer, Bon Jovi – prayer is the wife’s only weapon.
11. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough, Supremes – I just have to believe, he’s coming home to me!
12. Don’t Worry, Be Happy, Bobby McFerrin – Sometimes you just have to smile!
13. I Only Want To Be With You, Vonda Shepard – wanting him here with me!
14. Holding Out For A Hero, Frou Frou – He’s my hero!
15. You Can’t Hurry Love, Dixie Chicks – Time just passes, nothing can push it!
16. We’ll Be Together, Sting – Time is getting close, I’m starting to get excited!
17. The Boys Are Back In Town, BTO – standing there waiting on that bus to pull up!!
18. Celebration, KC & The Sunshine Band – The bus is here!!!
19. Never Say Good-bye, Bon Jovi – Not only does the song have meaning in this playlist, but it also “our song”
20. At Last, Etta James – The wait is over and I am complete!

2 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Nesa said...

great song list. surprised that you didn't include "far away" by nickleback. if you haven't heard it, i'll need to get it to you.

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soooo sad that I ws not part of that swap!! My stupid computer won't let the drawer for burning CD's open. That is one awesome CD!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home