Friday, August 11, 2006

Reality Show Junkie

I remember when I first heard about the reality show, Survivor, I thought it sounded completely asinine. But Dave and I were hanging some curtains one night when the second episode came on and we ended up watching it, and were completely hooked. I missed that very first episode, and believe it or not, that is the only episode I have missed in all 12 seasons.

When the second season came out, Dave and I would watch it every week, then go into the garage (we don't smoke in our house) and talk about what happened. Listening to us, you would think we knew these people personally.

I can tell you the names of the winners and the runners up of all 12 seasons, and can pretty much tell you all about them; what they do for a living where there from, etc. I live and breath for Thursday night any time there is a show running! My friends and family all know that you NEVER call me between 8pm and 9pm on a Thursday night!

If you want an excellent site on Survivor cast members, trivia, and scandal, this one is great!

I'm not completely addicted to any other reality show, like I am Survivor, but I do really enjoy The Amazing Race. While I love Survivor for the psychological wheelings and dealings, I like the Amazing Race because the winners are based on skill and physical performance. Often times in Survivor, the person that I thought truly deserved to win (like in seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, and 12) gets voted out, but in The Amazing Race, winning is based on the contestants actual performance.

Other reality shows I enjoy are Fear Factor and Celebrity Mole (the regular Mole show was BORING, but putting stars in made it fun.

Yeah, I know, Dave tells me all the time. I have issues. ROTFLMAO!

5 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wow your like the Survivor guru!!!! Cool!!!

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn!! Girl, you are addicted to Survivor, aren't you?? I have watched it on and off, but only watched the first one completely through. It is still a good one for getting hooked on though, cause if I am not careful I start planning my nights around it :)

Sue

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger The Deb said...

I too became a Survivor junkie despite saying "that sounds soooo stupid!"...my mother and I have coined the phrase "damn that Mark Burnett!"

I am getting a little tired of Survivor though, there comes a point where the contestants have seen too many of the past seasons and are "playing" former tribesmember.
I LOVE "Amazing Race" though...yeah Tyler and BJ!!! And am addicted to "Project Runway" and "Hell's Kitchen".

I've really never seen the complaint in tv going to reality based...I've quite enjoyed it!

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Sonia said...

Survivor is one of the very few tv shows that DH and I both equally enjoy. When's the next one coming on? I"m ready for another all star survivor!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger David said...

Holy!!! How many survivor show has there been?!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home