Saturday, August 05, 2006

More Promotion Pictures

I got these from my friend Cathy. (Hey Chica!) Her husband got promoted on the same day as Dave, and he got a better photographer! LOL!
Here is a great shot of Dave and Jason getting sworn in:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And a nice picture of the Red Square Mafia, as they call themselves....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And I just loved this picture of the guys in the chow hall. Can you believe this room is in the middle of Iraq? I laughed at the pictures of the sailboats on the walls.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Also, showing how much I miss him, I kept zooming in and noticing every teeny tiny detail. I love that look on his face, it's the same one he makes whenever I point a camera at him...the bemused "I'm putting up with having my picture taken" look.
I also noticed that, being Dave, he has a can of Pepsi on his tray and another empty sitting beside it. If you zoom in good, you can see the Pepsi can isn't in English, it's written in an Arabic script.
I noticed the paper plates and plastic fork and knife and remember the last two times he's come back and how insistent he was to use real plates and silverware, even when we got take out.
I noticed he needs a hair cut. At some point he's completely shaved his head and it's growing in.
Zooming in closer, I noticed the back of his hand is all scratched up and scabby, that's pretty much par for the case for him. Even when he's here, his hands always look like that. He's a hands on kind of guy. He was probably working on a piece of gear and I bet he cussed pretty good when he did that.
If I really zoom in super close, I can see the pen in between his second and third button of his cammie blouse. He always keeps one there, any time he's in uniform, there's a pen stuck right there between those two buttons. He absolutely hates needing a pen and not having one. One of his cute idiosyncrasies

I wish I could zoom in closer and see more without the pixels blurring. I want to see his heart, I want to see how he's feeling. I want to zoom in so close and be with him, be next to him, to feel his heart beat next to mine.

I want so much more than this picture. 59 more days!

2 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love your description of those photos... They are really great photos too!!!

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great play by play with the zooming in of the pics, Wendy! You really know how to find the details. My dh is the same way with the pen thing...and the pepsi! HAHA 2 more months and your hubby will be home.
~Sonda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home