Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Meet My MIL

Every time I hear one of my girlfriends complain about the terrible Mother-in-law, I just smile to myself. I am the luckiest girl in the world in this aspect. Rhonda is the coolest, most amazing woman that I've ever met and I admire her greatly.

She got married when she was 17 years old, and had all four of her sons by the time she was 23 years old. Soon after the youngest one was born, she found herself a single mother. She worked two full time jobs to support her family, and still managed to raise four of the most upstanding, honorable young men you would ever want to meet. She gave me a husband and three brothers (who I ADORE) who know how to treat a lady, who honor their word, who work hard, and who take responsibility for themselves and their place in this world.

On my wedding day, she took me aside and told me that she was glad that Dave and I were getting married. That meant a lot since so many people were telling us what a mistake it was to get married so young. She told me that he was mine now, and that she knew that I would love him and take care of him, and that she was very proud to have me in her family.

She's as much my friend as anything. She accepts me, for just who I am...even though she and I are as different as night and day. She listens to me, and is supportive of me and my efforts, and she loves me like a daughter. She makes me laugh, and she cries with me when times are hard.

She is my second Mom, my friend, and a woman I admire with all my heart.

7 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Wendy, I knew your story would be wonderful and it is :) How great that you have sucn a caring and supportive MIL. The fact that she was a single mom and still raised her sons so well is a huge accomplishment. Thanks for sharing your sweet story.

Sue

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Sonia said...

vERY NIce :) Sound slike you are one of the lucky ones! Wish I were. lol.

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story Wendy!! I think any woman who raises that many boys all on her own is special :) It is a blessing to be close with your MIL. A lot of women cannot even stand to be in the same room with their MIL, heehee!! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...somehow my comment didn't get posted!! Here is what I said..hope it doesn't post twics, haha!!

I think that any woman who raises that many boys on her own is special:) I cannot imagine that!! You are blessed to have such a close relationship with your MIL..I know some women who cannot even stand to be in the same room with theirs, heehee!! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Wendy!! That is so great that you have such a close relationship with your MIL. Not all women can say that, including me. Not like that anyway. Cherish it! She sounds like a treasure. :)
~Sonda

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger The Ultimate Scrapper said...

Thank you for sharing this story with us. She sounds like a wonderful woman. You are very lucky.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

The photo, the journaling, everything is totally touching! I love the tribute to your MIL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home