Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm a Planner

Actually I'm a Planner married to the King of Planning.

Dave and I have plans for organizing our plans. We have plans of how to go about making plans. We have Excel spreadsheets detailing our plans. We enjoying planning. Planning a vacation; picking the route, finding the hotel, deciding on the mode of travel, creating the itinerary; well that's almost as fun as the vacation itself.

Unfortunately, the Marine Corp usually messes up our plans as promptly as we make them.

*le sigh*

So, here are my plans for the next few months...
Before Dave Comes Home:
1. Hire an exterminator, the ants are super bad this year and he hates bugs.
2. Lose 4 more pounds.
3. Clean out the drain under the bathroom sink. It's backing up.
4. Get my hair color touched up.
5. Straighten my house.
6. Pay someone to come in and clean it from top to bottom in every nook and cranny!

After Dave Comes Home:
1. Take a few days off, depending on his schedule.
2. I'll go back to work, Monday through Friday only, for a while.
3. Take 2 weeks off work when he gets his 2 weeks leave. We'll probably go home to visit all the families.
4. Take 3 days off work the Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of our Marine Corp Ball weekend, be lazy and hang around the pool in Primm, drinking too much and having lots of sex.

Now our plans for the next few years are up in the air. If you would have asked me three days ago, I would have rattled them off for you without a doubt. But now, Dave has changed his mind, once again, on what course he wants to take in his career.

So until that plan is decided and made, all I can say is we plan to continue to save money and beef up our investments so that when he DOES retire from the Marine Corp after somewhere between 20 and 26 years of service, we plan on traveling around in our RV, see the US, and just generally be lazy, enjoy life, and have lots of sex.

3 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy, I think it is amazing that you and your Dave are planners. Brian and I are so NOT....which is why we never get anything major accomplished. He is definitely afraid of change, that is his problem with goals and planning, he may have to commit to something that will alter his life :) Me, I am just a procrastinator. Hope all you goals and plans are met with lots of joy!!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Planning is good. Saving money is good. So is the sex!!!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Dee said...

Semper Gumby, Hon! That's our motto.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home