Thursday, June 22, 2006

Taking Care of Their Own

The coolest thing about being around the Marine Corp, is the way that they take care of their own. If I was ever having a problem, anywhere in the world, and found someone who was a Marine and identified myself as a Marine wife; they would help me. Even if they didn't know me or know my husband. Marines are just like that.

So when Dave shipped out, one of his buddies gave me his cellphone number and told me to call him night or day if I ever needed anything at all.

Well a few days ago, my mailbox fell down. I've been trying to push it back down in the sand and prop it up with rocks, but today the mailman left me a note that this was not an appropriate remedy and I needed to have it fixed.

So I called Roy. When I called him, I think he was expecting a problem of more emotional type. He was all "so Wendy, how are you?" :::insert calming concerned voice here:::

I was like "My mailbox fell down"

Roy: "What?"

Me: "my mailbox fell down and I can't fix it and the mailman isn't happy with me. Can you help me?"

Roy: :::laughing his butt off::::

So he's coming over tomorrow morning before I go to work to fix my mailbox.

Gotta love how these guys take care of their own. Even if they do laugh at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home