Friday, April 21, 2006

Sold Out

So it's high season at the little hotel where I bartend and answer the phones, so I'm getting plenty of these funny calls:

"It's a beautiful day at the ::insert name here:: , this is Wendy, how may I help you?"

"Yes, I'd like to book a room for this weekend."

"I'm sorry sir, but we are completely sold out."

"You don't have even one room?"

In my head "Yes, moron, that is the definition of sold out."

"No sir, not a single room is available. In our busy season, we sell out 4 to 6 weeks in advance."

"Well I need a room, where should I call"

Like it's my responsibility to get him a room even though he waited until two days before hand to reserve.

"I don't know sir, every hotel that I have talked to here in town is sold out."

"Well what am I supposed to do?"



It goes on like that for a while. Seriously, I get at least one call like this a day!

1 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Sonia said...

LOL...I have to deal with the same type of people at my job too. It's like hellooooo...get a phone book!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home